Woodlands is a self – contained accommodation building with accessible facilities and equipment. It has been designed to cater for groups which include those with additional needs. Our site in the heart of the Peak District has direct access to the traffic free Monsail Trail. The building has a multi-use main living space and sleeps 10.
- Multi-use main living space with:
- bi-fold doors onto an enclosed decking and patio area with seating
- 50” wall mounted TV, Blu-ray player and Bluetooth speaker
- fold down king size bed and a sofa bed
- dining facilities for up to 10
- comfortable sofa seating for 5 people
- Colonsay high back wing chair (padded dining chairs for additional people)
- coffee table
- Fully equipped kitchen with an oven/grill, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots/pans and dishwasher
- Accessible bedroom that sleeps 5 people in 2 bunk beds and 1 single profiling bed (that can also be used as a standard single bed) with an en-suite accessible shower room
- Bedroom that sleeps 4 people in a super king (that can be split into twin beds) and a bunk bed
- Shower room
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fenced woodland space to the rear
- A small charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Duvet and duvet cover, pillow, pillow case and a fitted sheet provided, but please bring your own towels.
Please note that no dogs are allowed on site (except for assistance dogs – please let us know at the time of booking if you need to bring an assistance dog).
Accessible Features and Equipment
- Level access throughout, no steps or stairs and wide door ways for wheelchair access
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system (maximum weight 200kg) with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the en-suite shower room
- An en-suite shower room with a large shower area, Chiltern Invadex TRT3 shower trolley (maximum weight 190kg), adjustable height sink, toilet with grab rails and emergency pull cord
- Etac Clean shower commode chair & belt
- Casa Lift 180E electric mobile hoist (maximum weight 180kg)
- Invacare Accent single profiling bed (maximum weight 145kg) with a Countrywide Healthcare Picara low risk polyurethane foam mattress
- Emergency pull cord in the accessible bedroom
- Accessible outside toilet
- Disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Unfortunately, whilst this building works incredibly well for people with a variety of specific needs, it has not been designed to facilitate independent living for wheelchair users. It is expected that able bodied group members will be present as part of a group/family booking the building.
If you are interested in Woodlands at Thornbridge Outdoors please complete an enquiry form.