Burradon Farm is a 400 acre, family-run, working farm at the heart of which lies the 14th Century Pele Tower and our fine range of traditional stone barn conversions. All of the original farm buildings have been converted to create luxury, self-contained, self-catering properties which are graded 4* – 5* Gold by VisitEngland.
Our barn conversions are beautifully presented and have retained the original stone work and features providing guests with spacious, stylish and comfortable living spaces. They are set in a courtyard formation, each benefitting from close proximity to good car parking facilities and well-tended garden areas, with walks and cycle rides straight from the door.
We have properties to suit all group sizes: spacious houses for 5 – 8 people, quality ground floor cottages for 4, pretty one bedroomed cottages for a fully accessible disabled friendly cottages (National Accessibility Scheme – Mobility).
One time cowshed (with resident Swallows), Swallow Cottage is now a lovely two bedroomed property with open plan living area and spacious wet room. It is graded 4* Gold by VisitEngland and is fully accessible in line with the National Accessible Scheme – Mobility
- Sleeps up to 3
- Large master bedroom with huge super-kingsize bed and fitted wardrobes, can also be made up as a twin
- Single bedroom with fitted wardrobes
- Spacious open plan living room/kitchen/dining area
- Fully equipped kitchen, including dishwasher, washer/dryer and full size fridge/freezer
- Low level kitchen worktops/oven for easy access
- Wetroom with seated shower facility (please note that there is no bath in Swallow Cottage)
- Ground floor/ level access, ideal for guests with limited mobility or wheelchair users
- All bedding and towels provided
- TV, DVD and music system
- Free WiFi and designated parking space level with pathway and entrance
- Outside paved patio area with table and chairs
- Surrounded by open fields and footpaths waiting to be explored
- Cots, high chairs and spare beds available
- Short breaks all year round
- Dogs welcome
The setting is quiet and tranquil and there are fine views northwards over the fields and eastwards towards the sea. Our proximity to the spectacular Northumbria coastline and the centre of NewcastleGateshead makes us the perfect base for visitors, holiday makers and businesspeople looking for a home from home or the perfect base to explore the great North East!
If you are interested in Swallow Cottage at Burradon Farm please complete an enquiry form.