Nestled within a truly enchanting valley full of wildlife, Little Comfort Farm is an award winning, luxury organic farmstay, within 10 minutes of North Devon’s fantastic beaches.
Incorporating the latest in sustainable and healthy building biology design, our 5* gold rated self catering cottages sleep up to 23 across four cottages, which include a stunning five bedroom, five bathroom Mill House.
Complimenting the cottages are a beautiful therapy room and studio, organic farm shop, games room, lawn area, coarse fishing lake and 70 acres of wildlife trails (and a very passionate and knowledgeable field guide, should you want one!).
We are blessed to have North Devon’d fantastic beaches, Exmoor and a whole host of other attractions on our doorstep, many of which are wheelchair accessible. More details are provided to all our guests.
The Mill House
The Mill House is a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom 5* gold rated cottage with M2 Accessibility Rating. The cottage is built into the side of the valley which means it has an upper ground floor and a lower ground floor. The bedrooms and social spaces described are all on the upper ground floor, which is the same level as the parking, and main access.
The upper ground floor has the following accessible features:
- One accessible twin bedroom with its own adjacent accessible wet room.
- The accessible wet room has
- WC with handrails and push button flush
- Sink with lever operated taps and vanity mirror with handrails
- Walk in shower with a folding glass screen, wall mounted shower seat, overhead rain shower and optional hand held shower head
- Bath with hand rail and access stool on request
- Full size mirror
- Heated towel rail
- Single hand operation accessories (bin, toilet roll holder)
- All social spaces including the kitchen, dining and living room are on one level.
- There are two steps between the kitchen and dining/living area. A temporary ramp is available and can be fitted in advance to make this wheelchair friendly.
- Dining chairs and sofas with and without arms.
- One further ensuite twin bedroom that has not been rated but was designed to be wheelchair accessible as a twin (beds can be made into a superking and one side of the bed would be wheelchair accessible). The ensuite wet room has not been designed to be accessible.
- Three further ensuite bedrooms (not accessibility rated)
- Two large parking spaces immediately outside The Mill House with a wide, concrete path to the front door.
- Spacious single level enclosed garden area with covered ‘BBQ shack’ and large outdoor dining table.
- There is one further twin bedroom on the upper ground floor and on the lower ground floor, two further king ensuite bedrooms. None of these were specifically designed to be accessible.
- Food delivery service from our on site Pantry
- On site guest laundry with commercial sized washer and dryer (accessed via the main car park)
- A spacious therapy room offering massage, which can be hired by the hour for private use (accessed via main car park)
If you are interested in Little Comfort Farm – The Mill House please complete an enquiry form.