Hafan y mynydd is a spacious double shepherds hut that sleep up to 4 adults and 1 child with underfloor heating throughout on our family hill farm in North mid wales. The double hut is set by itself on a large 16 acre field, to give privacy and tranquillity to guests.
- There is a securely fenced garden area – fence 1.7m high, suitable for those who like to run, and family pets.
- All doorways are 1.2m/4ft and have sliding doors.
- A large wet room with non-slip flooring, the use of a self-propelled shower chair or stool in the shower, the toilet has a bio-bidet seat fitted for guests who need to use a wash and dry toilet.
- The sink has clearance beneath for rolling under.
- The large wet room is fitted with grab rails, and pull down rails where you expect them.
The kitchen has a lowered sink and hob with roll under clearance, fridge freezer, microwave, and toaster. Kettle on the hob. All cookware, crockery and utensils are provided.
All the beds are in one room, with a curtain to separate the electric head and foot dual adjustable king-size bed from the single adjustable bed (not profiling, but does allow a mobile hoist under) and sensory pod bunk beds. The king-size bed has a window at the end to see the glorious mountain views. All linen and towels are provided.
The living space has 2 tilt in space dual motor riser recliner chairs one with both drop arms and the other with 1 drop arm nearest the other chair to help assist or to be closer to your loved one.
There is a space (1m) to park an electric wheelchair and charge whilst also being part of the living room area. All pets are free of charge and we allow up to 4, more by prior arrangement.
Within 20 mins drive there is Dyfi Osprey which has an accessible board walk with a changing places toilet, and lake Clywedog – clywedog sailing club is recognised as the best Disability centre in Wales, with hoist and wheelchair accessible jetty.
Hafan y Mynydd (The mountain haven)
Will open Christmas 2022.
If you are interested in Hafan y Mynydd – Accessible hut please complete an enquiry form.