Dementia Adventure believes that with the right support – whether practical, emotional, or financial – anything is possible, which is why we offer small-group holidays and individually-tailored breaks for people living with dementia and the people who care for them, enabling you to get away together and enjoy some time off.
Families and carers are telling us they need a break now more than ever, so we know our holidays are more than a luxury. They’re a chance to have some essential time off from your usual responsibilities – time to relax, regain your energy, and bond with your loved one so that you can return to your life together feeling happy in one another’s company and positive about the future.
Evidence shows our supported holidays have significant wellbeing benefits for both the person living with dementia and their companions, including:
- Lifted moods and reduced stress
- Improved sleeping and eating patterns
- Improved verbal expression, memory, and attention
- Enriched relationships between the person with dementia and their holiday companion
- Increased feelings of positivity and being able to cope
- Increased understanding of how to support someone with dementia
- Increased confidence in engaging with nature and the outdoors
As a charity we fundraise to make our holidays more affordable for everyone. This year, we’re responding to the current cost of living crisis by subsidising our holidays by a minimum of 30%. However, if the price of our holidays is out of reach we might be able to offer you further financial help, support you with finding additional funding, or both.
If you are interested in Dementia Adventure: Supported Dementia Holidays please complete an enquiry form.